I was pleasantly surprised this morning to discover that my blog has been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Thank you Temi Michael-O at ChristianMommas.com for nominating my final post in the Healthy Boundaries: Home For The Holidays series: There’s One In Every Family I feel very honored to be nominated, and I’m glad to know my blog is encouraging and helpful to others!
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is one of the best ways to learn more about other Christian bloggers who strive to write spiritually encouraging and beneficial content for all of us. The sunshine blogger award is not an official award, but it’s just as important because it really reflects the good impact we can have on other people’s lives.” (Statements were cited from nominators’ blogs.)
The Sunshine Blogger Award rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their post
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
11 questions from Temi
- How did you get started blogging? I’ve written several classes that I teach at my church, and I am about to publish my first book. Because of those things several students, my mentor, one of my pastors, and my husband suggested I start a blog!
- Other than Jesus what Biblical “character” would you most like to spend time with? Probably James (the author of the book of James) because I’ve learned and changed so much from studying his book.
- How many places have you lived? 4 (all in the USA): Illinois, Mississippi, Florida, and Oklahoma.
- Where/How do you blog (ie home office on PC, in my recliner on lap top)? On my laptop at home while my toddler is napping.
- How has your life changed since you stared blogging? Blogging is still very new for me. It’s only been a few months, but I’m amazed at how many people have read and been helped by my writing!
- If you had zero subscribers, would you still blog? Yes. I know people read even if they don’t subscribe, and even if God wanted me to write something for just one person, that reader would still be worth it.
- Do you attend a small, medium or large church? Medium.
- Why did you choose that particular congregation? Our congregation is glorifying God in our community by loving others like Jesus does, teaching the Bible, and bringing a light to dark places. I’ve been to a lot of churches, but I’ve never been part of one as spiritually and emotionally healthy as this one!
- How long have you been a Christ follower? Since I was 6ish, so about 24 years.
- What is your favorite holiday & why? Halloween! I know that’s not very “Christian” of me, but I’ve always loved it. As an adult I see a huge opportunity for practicing generosity and participating in my community that is so different from every other holiday.
- Other than blogging are you involved in any other ministry? I lead the prayer team at my church, mentor young women, and teach occasional classes. My husband and I own a small business that serves churches and other event clients. But most of my life ministry is mom-ing 2 sweet, crazy little boys!
My Nominees (No obligation to participate)
I don’t have 11 nominees because I don’t read that many blogs…yet. However, here are several brilliant and amazing people who have encouraged and inspired me this year.
Kirby Bewley – The Prosperity Gospel Of Prayer And The Truth We Desperately Need
Stephen and Fionnuala – I’ve Had An Anxious Week
Bill Sweeney – Breathing And Other Luxuries
To my nominees: Thank you for making my year better! Same 11 questions as listed above if you choose to participate!